Some notes from the past year:
- Been doing a lot of RDF work, as it is central to the current Semantic Web community. And while I haven’t found any RDF parsers in Smalltalk or Pharo ecosystems, I think the JSON-based JSON-LD RDF serialization format might be the easiest route for getting some basic RDF capability into Pharo.
- The state of the art in decentralized authentication is the OpenID Connect series of standards, based on trusty old OAuth2. Just like with JOSE, I wonder if there are any OIDC libraries in Smalltalk (I know there are at least a few for OAuth2?).
- I’ve signed up for the upcoming Camp Smalltalk 2017 in Raleigh/Durham – very exciting!
- The updated book, Pharo By Example 5 has been released recently! I am incredibly proud to have helped editing it!
- I am still intending to continue working on the Phriak database driver, and at least bring it to Riak 2.0 feature parity. I wonder if the ProtoBuf library for Pharo is in usable condition by now?